The moment you enter Corporate Life, you will notice that the truly great leaders you see in movies are nowhere to be found in real life. Unfortunately, there are more wanna-be leaders in our daily life than actual ones.
Regardless whether leaders are born or made, they do always lead the way. What makes truly great leaders has a lot to do with attitude.
So what makes truly great leaders?
- Inspiration: A leader has the ability to inspire his followers.
- Charisma: Truly great leaders can move you emotionally, they can make your day by their attitude towards you.
- Wisdom: You cannot be a great leader when you know very little about life and the business you are in. It is true that you are not expected to be an expert in the field. It pays however, to have a vision that will take your organisation forward.
- Respect: Great leaders may be harsh and evil at times. They do however enjoy the respect of their followers.
- Network: Networking is not just some fancy word; if you want to inspire others and have a great vision, then you need to know what is going on around you. On such a high level, the internet cannot provide you with the answers. You will need to be connected with and to others, well-connected! Because connections are not only a source of information but also a source of wisdom and knowledge.